Senate election in 2018
Terms of the Senate election in 2018
- 1 st round
- - Friday, January 5th and Saturday, January 6th, 2018
(is announced by the President of the Czech Republic according to the Article 63, 1 f), Article 16 ,2 and with regard to the Article 17 ,1 of the Constitutional Act No. 1/1993 Coll., Constitution of the Czech Republic, and according to the § 1 Article 3 of the Act No. 247/1995 Coll.)
- 2 nd round
- - Friday, January 12rd and Saturday, January 13th, 2018
(takes place on the 6th day after the 1st round according to the §76 article 1 of the Act No. 247/1995 Coll., on the Election to the Parliament of the Czech Republic)
Constituencies with election in 2018
|capital||senator in October, 2017||senator elected in 2018 election|
|39||Trutnov||Jiří Hlavatý (BEZPP)||Jan Sobotka (BEZPP)|
Note: Click on the constituency number and you will get a summary of the constituency (in Czech only).
Abbreviations of political parties and movements:
- no party affiliation
List of candidates (on CZSO’s Election Server)
Constitutional Act No. 1/1993 Coll., Constitution of the Czech Republic
(2) In the Senate there shall be eighty-one Senators, who are elected to a six-year term of office. Every second year elections for one-third of the Senators shall be held.
(1) Elections to both chambers shall be held during the period commencing thirty days prior to the expiration of each electoral term and ending on the day of its expiration.
(1) In addition, the President of the Republic:
f) calls elections to the Assembly of Deputies and the Senate;
Act No. 247/1995 Coll., on the Election to the Parliament of the Czech Republic
The election to the Parliament of the Czech Republic is announced by the President no later that 90 days before the election day. The decree of announcement of the election is published in the Collection of Laws. The day when the part of the Collection of Laws comprising the decree of announcement of the election is circulated is considered the day of announcement of the election.
In case that no candidate obtains the quorum required to the election according to the § 75, the District Authority in the constituency capital arranges the 2nd round which is to take place on the 6th day after the end of voting in 1st round.