The Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic is a constitutional institution who, together with the Chamber of Deputies, executes the legislative power. Thus, it fulfills the powers vested in it by the Constitution of the Czech Republic and other laws.
The Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic has 81 members. Every other year one third of the Senate is re-elected. Senators are elected to committees, commissions and delegations during a constituting plenary session that takes palace after each regular election. At the same time, senators form caucuses according their party affiliation.
Every other year, elections take place in one third of the constituencies, which makes the Senate a permanent institution that cannot be dissolved and continuously performs its work.
- Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
- Committee on Mandate and Parliamentary Privilege
- Subcommittee on Sport of the Committee on Education, Science,Culture, Human Rights and Petitions
- Subcommittee on Transport of the Committee on National Economy, Agriculture and Transport
- Subcommittee on Pre-school, Elementary and Secondary Education of the Committee on Education, Science,Culture, Human Rights and Petitions
- Standing Senate Commission on Rural Development
- Czech Social Democratic Party Caucus
Find a senator
Here you can easily find your senator using senator’s