Small Fürstenberg Palace
The Small Fürstenberg Palace replaced two Renaissance houses bought together with a large garden by Countess Marie Barbora Černínová of Chudenice in the 18th century. She had the houses rebuilt in the Rococo style and interconnected them with the Kolowrat Palace.
The building changed hands several times during the 19th century and was owned by Maxmilian Egon III, Prince of Fürstenberg, from 1866. The palace was owned by the Fürstenberg family until 1945.
The state rented the palace for the needs of the Council of Ministers in 1939. After the end of WWII, it was confiscated according to the Presidential Decrees and became state property.
The Senate Chancellery, the current administrator of the building, carried out extensive reconstruction work on the Kolowrat and Small Fürstenberg Palaces at the turn of the millennium. The palaces were joined to each other as part of reconstruction work.